Our best-selling pellet stove, the ComfortBilt HP22-SS Brown is popular because of its modern appearance, large bay view window, programmable 7 day internal thermostat, and powerful heat output. Its superior engineering and reliability have earned our flagship model consistently great reviews from customers all across the country. The ComfortBilt HP22 Stainless Steel Brown Pellet Stove features:
- Certified 50,000 BTU output will heat a 2,800 ft² or more if temperatures are mild
- EPA and CSA Certified to comply with all federal emissions mandates
- Heat exchanger design and powerful room blower produce maximum heat from pellets
- Easy to clean heavy gauge exterior
- 55 pound hopper capacity; ashes fall automatically into a large removable ash pan
- Pellets burn so completely that the ash drawer only needs emptying every two weeks
- Five power settings allow up to 20 hours of continuous burning on lowest setting
- Programmable thermostat allows constant temperature and economical pellet use
- Rear mounted 3” standard exhaust port, and 2” standard air intake
- Exterior dimensions of unit are 24” wide, 25” deep, and 32.5” high with mounted controller
The HP22-SS Pellet Stove Brown comes with a one-year limited warranty on parts and service.
This model also comes in a non-stainless model. See it here.
- Hopper Capacity: 55lb
Good stove much of the time
We had this stove about 2 years. If you are a diy person, then this is a great stove. If you can’t repair simple things, this may not be the stove for you. After 2 years, our fuse blew. I fixed it. Then the igniter went out (perhaps because of the fuse). I replaced it. Now the motherboard needs replacing. The people at Comfortbilt are nice people, but these repairs are becoming beyond my ability.
The stove has never stayed on for more than a day. Then it needs a simple cleaning and 1/2 hour to restart. The window stays cleaner than our propel pellet stove, and is a much prettier stove, but I prefer the more utilitarian propel. The Comfortbilt heats half our house. When the temps are up to level, it does not shut off. It continues to heat, but at a lesser degree. Sometimes, on a mild day, it gets very hot in the house. If it shuts off, it will not restart for 1/2 hour.
The hopper is also a little more difficult to fill because the opening is smaller than our propel.
Overall, I think there are better stove out there. You may be happy with this stove, but you may run into troubles like we are. We can not depend on this stove to run 24/7, so this is our back up stove.
Not on yet, but looks awsome
If looks mean anything, this is the pellet stove for a big house. Stove is massive, weights a bunch. My two strong boys and a dolly required to move. Contractor is installing tomorrow, its gonna make the house unreal warm. Such high expectations from just the size and look.
Excellent Pellet Stove Comforbilt HP22
I have purchased this stove back in May 2017. Excellent pellet stove. We had it installed and it has been working beautifully ever since.
This stove put out a lot of heat. I keep my stove on level 1 or 2 if its close to 20 or below outside. It keeps my house warm at about 74 at level one & 79 at level 2 when its -0 outside. The stove is very easy to clean and operate.Looking forward in purchasing a smaller stove for my two car garage.